TNA News: Details on UTA Deal, Update on Eric Bischoff’s Status with the Company, and More
Posted by Jeffrey Harris on 04.24.2014
Is Brooke Tessmacher still with TNA?
- The company and people in TNA Wrestling are said to be very happy that the company has signed a deal with United Talent Agency (UTA). Part of the deal includes UTA representing TNA in getting a new TV deal for Impact Wrestling in the US. One reason there hasn't been much in the way of news for a new TV deal with TNA is because WWE hasn't settled their TV situation yet, however, the other side of the story is that TNA has been working on their UTA deal and wanted to get UTA to negotiate the deal for them. Previously, TNA did the negotiating for their TV's deals in house. UTA is reportedly confident they can get a deal for Impact Wrestling, be it with Spike or another network. UTA is also expected to try and brand TNA talents with appearances on TV for brand building, exposure, etc. Quite frankly, it's the type of deal TNA could've used a long time ago, especially with marketing campaigns. In the past, many of TNA's marketing campaigns have been half-baked, lame duck efforts such as "Cross the Line."
- PWInsider responded to Eric Bischoff's recent tweets regarding their report that he was involved with TNA's creative team as a consultant and that he had three months left on his current deal. Bischoff was upset and said PWInisder got the story wrong. According to PWInsider, Bischoff did this to make people think he's not involved with TNA because "that is how he operates." PWInsider said Bischoff has more than three months left (but not much more), but maintains that it is true that Bischoff is still a consultant for TNA. However, his ideas are reportedly not being incorporated into the product.
- Doug LeBow, former WWE VP, recently started working for TNA, and this reportedly a good signing for the company since he has a lot of experience and has also worked with Gaburick for years. LeBow will reportedly provide support for the company.
- MVP has now reportedly signed with TNA Wrestling. MVP said he was there initially on a tryout because the company was still working out issues of the deal.
- Brooke Tessmacher is also said to still be with TNA.