More Details On The Sentencing Of Buck Zumhofe
Posted by Joseph Lee on 05.09.2014
For some pretty heinous crimes...
- Yesterday saw former AWA star Buck Zumhofe sentenced to years in prison for several counts of criminal sexual conduct. It's a major story in Minnesota that has been picked up by several mainstream media outlets. Here are some more details of the result:
- Zumhofe was sentenced to 310 months (over 25 years) for two first-degree and two third-degree counts of criminal sexual conduct. He was found guilty of four counts but originally charged with 12.
- Assistant County Attorney Aaron Welch asked the judge to double the sentence to 620 months (over 51 years) due to Zumhofe's prior criminal sexual conduct, the conviction, the cruelty and the multiple forms of sexual contact against the victim, a family member. Welch said Zumhofe had "no remorse", even after admitting the crimes happened during a pre-sentence investigation. The judge declined.
- Zumhofe's attorney requested a stay in prison time and probation so he could get treatment and counseling. The judge turned that down too.
- Zumhofe will be back in court today to get sentenced for escaping custody. It was reported that Zumhofe tried to escape while using a restroom, it now seems like he broke free of officers (according to a separate report) in a hallway while being taken to the conference room to see his attorney. He was tackled and taken back into custody. He will likely be sentenced for another 4-10 years.