WWE News: Details on Fallout of Stock Drop, CM Punk Making Appearance at Wrigley Field Today, and More
Posted by Jeffrey Harris on 05.17.2014
New matches for upcoming WWE house shows...
- The Wall Street Journal has a story on WWE's huge stock drop this week. The report noted that while Vince McMahon is a great wrestling promoter, he lost the battle to get the TV rights deal he previously said WWE was worth.
- PWInsider reports that upper WWE management is rattled over the huge drop in the stock price for the company yesterday. The investors call set for Monday was put together to try and mitigate the damage. The company is said to be looking at different options to try and fix the mess.
- CM Punk is set to appear at Wrigley Field today to sing the 7th Inning Stretch.
- Below are the updated advertised cards for some upcoming WWE live events set for next month:
June 6 - Detroit, MI
John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt in a "No Holds Barred" Match
Sheamus vs. The Miz for the US Championship
Bad News Barrett vs. Big E for the IC Championship
June 13 - Saginaw, MI
Sheamus vs Kane for the US Championship
Big E vs. Bad News Barrett vs. Alberto Del Rio for the IC Championship
Rob Van Dam vs. Cesaro
June 14 - Hamilton, ON
Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt
Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose vs. Luke Harper and Erick Rowan
- Below is a new teaser clip for the next Guardians of the Galaxy trailer, featuring WWE's Batista. The new full trailer will be released on Monday, May 19.