Various News: Ric Flair Expected At WWE TV This Week, Jim Ross To Debut As Boxing Announcer Tonight, More
Posted by Joseph Lee on 05.26.2014
- Ric Flair was in Huntsville, Alabama this past weekend, shooting a commercial for First Family Mortgages. WHNT in Huntsville had a story on Flair's visit to their station for the shoot. The biggest Flair fan at the station was actually on assignment and almost missed meeting him. The station then changed things around so she could meet him.
- Flair is expected to be at Smackdown tomorrow in Atlanta since that is where he's currently living. It's unknown if Flair has taken his medical tests so he could just be visiting.
- The reason one of Gene Okerlund's arms is larger than the other (as seen on Legends house by some fans) is that it's a side effect of a medical problem with his kidneys. He's been dealing with the problem for some time.
- Sky TV has had issues with RAW broadcasts lately. In the last few months, a system update has run while the show aired. Those who DVR'd the program only got the first hour. When Sky makes the show available via VOD, there are only parts of the show missing. Nine segments were gone from last week's episode.
- William Regal scouted talent at Europe's New European Championship Wrestling recently.
- LivingSocial.com has a special deal for the WWE event in Reading, PA. You can find that here.
- Jim Ross is in El Paso, Texas to debut as a boxing announcer for FOX Sports 1 tonight. He was interviewed by Harry Ruiz about moving from wrestling to boxing here: