Various News: News & Notes from House of Hardcore Weekend Events, Details on Bully Ray Being Pulled from the Events, Dreamer’s Promo on Dixie Carter, and More
Posted by Jeffrey Harris on 06.08.2014
Some performers suffered injuries at the shows…
- PWInsider reports that the announcement of Bully Ray being pulled from House of Hardocre was not an angle. Tommy Dreamer was reportedly told that Ray had been pulled from the weekend shows at the last minute. Ray working the shows was part of a deal where Dreamer's House of Hardcore helped TNA fill the house when they ran a One Night Only taping in Poughkeepsie. Dreamer is said not be thrilled with having to change the advertised main event at the last minute. This led to Dreamer cutting a promo on Friday about Dixie Carter, saying it was not part of the show. As of now, Dreamer is still said to be working for TNA as an agent. Ray working in House of Hardcore was something Ray, not TNA, offered, but TNA did approve it.
- Ben Ortiz received a concussion at the House of Hardcore 5 match against Drew Gulak and Lance Anoia. After the match, he was taken to the hospital for a CTscan. He was diagnosed with a concussion, and he's reportedly doing much better today.
- Hale Collins suffered a legit arm injury at House of Hardcore 4 when his arm struck the metal between the ringpost and the turnbuckle during his match with CW Anderson. His arm was swelling with a big goose-egg after the impact, so Collins was held off from HOH5 as a precautionary measure.
- Dreamer and Abyss both received cuts and bumps from taking the hit on thumbtacks. Kevin Steen also reportedly tweaked his knee on Friday.
- Both House of Hardcore events this weekend drew in the range of 1,300 people. The promotion was happy with the attendance. Philadelphia ticket sales were reportedly slow early but picked up in the last week.
- The Sandman reportedly showed up in Poughkeepsie on Friday, even though Tommy Dreamer had never booked him for the show. Sandman was written in as a result. Dreamer often jokes that Sandman is his "lucky charm."
- The TrueTV show Impractical Jokers filmed a segment on Friday at House of Hardcore 4. This was the national TV show Dreamer referenced. The producers wanted to shoot a pro wrestling-based segment for a while, and they reached out to Dreamer after a scheduled shoot with Extreme Rising fell through when Rising canceled their final events in Philadelphia. The premise is that three comedians put a fourth person into an embarrassing situation to see how far he goes as they feed instructions to him via an earpiece. The producers were reportedly thrilled with how the show will come across when its edited.
- Danny Doring and his wife are expecting twin girls any day now.
- Former ECW and ROH wrestler Tony Devito worked backstage at the House of Hardcore shows in his usual capacity to help with the music cues, working as an agent, ec. Beulah was also there.
- Gabe Sapolsky was backstage visiting before House of Hardcore 5, but he left before the event began.
- Cerebus, formerly Wolfie D. of PG-13, also worked the shows.